Aaloo - Mutter Tikki
Boiled potato - 2-3
Coarsely mashed green peas - 1/2 cup
Grated fresh coconut - 1/4 cup
Semolina - 1/4 cup
Cornflour - 2-3 tblsp
Ginger, garlic and green chilly paste - 2 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for shallow fry
Tamarind and dates chatni
1. Peel the boiled potatoes. Add ginger, garlic, green chilly paste and salt to it. Add some cornflour and mix it well.
2.Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger, garlic, chilly paste. Give it a stir. Add green peas, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt to taste. Mix it well and cover it for 2-3 minutes.
3. After 2-3 minutes remove the cover, add greated cocnut, sugar and lemon water. Cover it and wait for 2 minutes. Stuffing is ready.
4. Take a little ball of potato mixture, fill it with stuffing and mold it into a tikki shape. If you want, you can give it a different shapes.
5. Now, roll the tikki in semolina and shallow fry it, till gloden brown color.
6. Serve hot with tamarnid and dates chatni.