Sabudana / Tapicoa = 1 Cup
Boiled Potatoes = 2 medium size
Peanuts = 1/2 Cup roasted and crushed
Green Chilies = 3 nos
Ginger = 1/2 inch
Cumin / Cumin powder = 1/2 tsp
Sugar = 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Wash sabudana and soak it in 1/4 cup of water overnight.
2. Make a paste of green chilies and ginger with 1/2 tsp salt.
3. In a bowl, mash boiled potatoes. Add soaked sabudana, chilies and ginger paste, cumin powder, chopped coriander, crushed peanuts, sugar and salt as per taste. (Do remember salt was added in step 2)
4. Mix well. Take small amount from it and shape it in vadas. Meanwhile keep oil for heating.
5. Once the oil is hot, add vadas in it and fry till golden brown.
6. I have served it with fresh coconut, green chilies chutney and Sweet lassi.