Chicken - 500 gm
Tomato - 3 tomato puree
Cashew powder - 1/4 cup
Cream - 4 tbsps
Red chilly powder - 4 tsps
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 2 tsps
Ginger-garlic paste - 2 tbsps
Lemon - 1/2
Ghee - 4 tbsps
Charcol (Koyla)- 1 no
Salt as per taste
1. Cut the chicken in medium size pieces.
2. Marintae the chicken with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, garam masala and salt as per taste.
3. Add 3 tbsps ghee in a pan. Fry the marinated chicken in it for 2-3 minutes.
4. Once the chicken get little brown in color, add tomato puree to it and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
5. When the gravy becomes thick, add cashew powder and 1/2 lemon juice to it and cover it.
6. Till the chicken is getting cooked, heat the charcol on gas burner till it's red.
7. After 4-5 minutes chicken will get cook. Add cream and mix well. Switch off the gas.
8. Place one small bowl in the middle of chicken gravy. Put hot charcol in it and pour 1 tbsp of ghee on it.
9. Cover the chicken immediately and let it be covered for 5-10 minutes.
10. Garnish the chicken with chopped corainder and serve hot with Naan or roti.
11. Smokey flavour of chicken gravy tastes awsome.