Fillo sheets - 1 pack
Eggs - 2 nos
Sugar - 1 cup
Butter - 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp
Lemon - 2 nos
Whipped cream - 1/2 cup
Cupcake tray / muffin tray
Mint leaves for garnish
1. Cut fillo sheets in square and cover them with damp towel, as this will prevent them from drying.
2. Melt 2 tblsps butter. Apply this melted butter on both sides of the squares.
3. Grease the muffin tray and put 4 squares in each cup.
4. Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 mins. Put the muffin try in oven for baking.
5. Bake the cups for 10 mins or until they get golden brown in color.
6. Grate the yellow part of 2 lemons and squeeze out the water from those lemons.
7. In a mixing bowl add 2 eggs, 1/4 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, grated lemon and strained lemon water. Mix all well with a whisk.
8. Cook this mixture for10 mins,with the use of double boiler method.(as shown below). Keep on stirring while cooking.
9. The consistency of the batter should be thick as below.
10. Let the mixture cool down. Cover it with the clear foil and put in the fridge for 1-2 hrs.
11. Once the lemon curd is cooled, we are ready to fill our cups.
12. Take one cup and fill it with lemon curd. Use the piping bag or spoon to pour this curd.
13. Garnish the cup with whipped cream and top it with some fresh mint leaves.
14. Our lemon curd cups are ready.