Chole (Chickpea) - 1 cup
Onion - 3 nos
Tomato - 3 nos
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tblsp
Black pepper - 2-3 nos
Cloves - 2-3 nos
Cinemom - 1/2 inch
black tea powder - 1 tblsp
Indian gooseberry (amla) - 2-3 nos
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tblsp
Red chilly powder - 2 tblsps
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tblsp
Garam masala - 1 tblsp
Readymade chole masala - 2 tblsps
Aamchur powder (dry mango powder) - 2 tblsps
Ginger - cut into julians
Green chilly - 1 cut into julians
Ghee - 2 tblsps
Coriander for garnish
Salt as per taste.
Refined flour - 1 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup
Egg - 1
Milk - 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste.
1. Soak the chole overnight. Next day, wash them and put it into pressure cooker.Make a satchet of muslin cloth with black pepper, cloves, cinemom, black tea powder and aamla in it. Place this satchet in a pressure cooker along with chole. Pressure cook the chole for 3-4 whistles.
2. Once cooked, chole should easily get pressed in between your thumb and index finger.
3. Strain the chole. Dont thorw that water.
4. Make a fine paste of onion and tomato.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds in it and let it splutter for a minute.
6. Add oinion paste to it and saute it till it gets brown colored. Then add ginger-garlic paste and saute it for 2 minutes.
7. Add tomato puree to it. Fry, till it starts to ooze out the oil.
9. Now add turmeric, red chilly powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, chole masala and aamchur powder to it. Mix well and let it cook for 2 minutes.
10. Add cooked chole in it. After mixing it well, pour strained water in it.For thick gravy add minimum amount of water.
11. Now add salt as per taste.In onther pan heat 2 tblsps of ghee. Fry ginger julions and green chilly julions in it. Temper chole with this ghee.
12. Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve hot. If you like you can add some lemon water too.
13. For parathas, first sieve the refined flour.
14. Add 2 tblsps of butter, salt as per taste, 1 beaten egg and 1/4 cup milk to it. Make a soft dough from it. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
15. After 30 minutes, take a small ball from it. Roll it in a normal size roti.
16. Apply some butter on it and then sprinkle some refined flour on it.
17. Now, make a fan of it as shown in the picture.
18. Roll the fan around it self.
19. Roll it round.
20. Roast the paratha on hot pan. After roasting apply some butter on it.
21. Before serving this paratha press it gently between your palms from the corners. This will make the layers come out seperate.
22. This paratha can be served with chole or any kind of indian gravy.