Makhane (Fox nut) - 1 cup
Milk - 1 ltr
Sugar - 1/4 cup (You can adjust as per your taste)
Ghee - 2 tsp
Mixed dry fruits - 2 tblsps
Saffron - 1 pinch
Cardamon powder - 1 tsp
1. Boil and reduce the milk, till it becomes 1/2of its original quantity.
2. Heat some ghee in a pan. Roast makhanas in it for 4-5 min. Switch off the gas.
3. Once makhanas get cooled down, spin it once or twice in a mixer.
4. Add these coarse makhanas, sugar, saffron and cardamon powder to the milk.
5. Let it boil for 5 minutes. Switch off the gas.
6. Garnish it with mixed dry fruits.
7. This kheer is mostly served chilled. But if you like, you can serve it hot too.