Malavani vade (Kombadi vade)
Wheat flour - 2 cups
Rice flour - 1 cup
Jowar flour - 1 cup
Cheakpea four - 1/2 cup
Corainder seeds - 1 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil for deep frying
Charcoal - 1 no
1. Dry roast the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, coriander seeds and fenugreek seeds together. Make a powder of it in mixer.
2. In one big bowl all flours, turmeric, seeds powder and salt as per taste. Mix them well. With the use of hot water knead a stiff dough of it, same as chapati dough.
3. Meanwhile heat one charcoal on a gas and 2-3 tsps of oil. Make a small well in the dough. Place hot charcole in it and pour hot oil over it. cover it with the dough. Cover the bowl and rest it for overnight or 7-8 hours.
4. After 7-8 hrs, dough will get ferment. Apply some oil on your hand and knead a dough. Make small size balls of it.
5. On one plastic bag apply some oil and pat each ball with your palm to make a medium thick vada.
6. Heat oil in a kadhai for deepy frying. Place each vada in hot oil and deep fry it till it gets golden brown in color.
7. Serve these hot vadas with mutton curry or chicken curry.
Mutton (Lamb meat) - 1/2 kg
Onion - 2 nos
Tomato - 1 no
Ginger - 1 inch
Garlic - 3-4 cloves
Ginger-garlic paste - 2 tsps
Dry coconut - 1/2 cup
Red chilly powder - 2 tsps
Garam masala - 2 tsps
Turmric powder - 2 tsps
Corainder powder - 2 tsps
Salt as per taste
1. Dry roast 1 onion, garlic, ginger and dry cocnut in one pan. Make a smooth paste of it in a mixer.
2. Apply 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, 1 tsp tumeric powder, 1 tsp corainder powder ans salt as per taste to lamb meat and mix well.
3. Heat some oil in a wessel. Add 1/2 finely chopped onion in it and saute it for a minute. Add 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste to it. Add maritnaed lamb meat in it and saute for 1-2 minute. Cover it for 2-3 minutes. After some time, mutton will start to ooze out come water. Add 1 cup of water to it. With the same process, lamb will get cooked in 20-25 minutes.
4. Once lamb will get cooked, switch off the gas.
5. In a kadhai add some oil. Add 1 chopped onion to it. Add 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste and saute it for a minute.
6. Once the onion starts to change the color add turmeric, red chilly powder, garam masala, coriander powder and salt as per tatse. Also add fine paste of onion and dry coconut to it.
7. Saute all for 4-5 minutes. Once it starts to ooze out some oil, add cooked mutton to it. Dont add any water from it to this.
8. If the msala is very thick you can use the water from mutton to make it thin.
9. Cover it and let it cook for 5-6 minutes.
10. Garnish it with some coriander and serve hot with mutton vade or roti or steamed rice.