Tiger Prawns - 1 kg
Oinon - 2 (Fine paste)
Tomato - 1 (puree)
Refined flour - 2 tblsps
Coconut milk - 1 cup
Garlic - 10-12 cloves finely chopped
Green chilly - 2 finely chopped
Ginger,garlic,green chilly paste - 1 tblsp
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 2 tsp
Red chilly powder - 2 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
Lemon - 1/2
Tamarind pulp - 1 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as per use
1. Wash the prawns and clean them. Pat dry them with the use of tissue paper.
2. Take 2 tblsps of refined flour in a plate. Add 1 tsp black pepper powder and salt as per taste to it. Mix well.
3. Mix the pat dried prawns in this flour.
4. Heat some oil in a pan. Add finely chopped garlic and green chilly in it. Saute it for a minute.
5. Once the garlic starts getting light brown, add the refined flour coated prawns in it.
6. Add salt as per taste in it. Saute these prawns on high flame for 2-3 minutes. Prawns doesnt take much time to cook.
7. After 2-3 minutes, switch off the gas. Garnish them with some chopped coriander. If you like you can add some lemon water too.
8. Serve it hot as a starter.
1. Wash the prawns and clean them.
2. Add some salt, 1/2 tsp asafoetida and 1 tsp turmeric in it. Mix well and keep aside for some time.
3. After 1/2 hour, heat 2 tblsps of oil in a pan. Saute these marinated prawns in it for 1 minute. Remove them from it and keep aside.
4. In the same pan, add 2 tblsps of more oil. Once this oil get heated, add 1/2 tsp asafoetida and onion paste in it.
5. Saute this paste for 3-4 minutes. After that, add 1 tblsp of ginger, garlic and green chilly paste in it. Mix well. Saute untill the oil starts to ooze out from it.
6. Once oil starts to ooze out, add 1 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp red chilly powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 2 tsp coriander podwder and mix well. Saute it for 2-3 minutes and then add strained tomato puree.
7. To make a curry add 1 cup of water in it. You can adjust the water as per the desired constistancy.
8. Cover the pan and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
9. After 3-4 minutes, add sauted prawns and tamarind pulp in it, mix well.
10. Again cover it and let it cook for 1-2 minute on low flame.
11. Then remove the cover. Add 1 cup coconut milk. Mix well and cook it for 1 minute on very low flame.
12. After 1-2 minute, switch off the gas. Curry is ready to serve.
13. Garnish it with some chopped coriander and serve it hot with steamed rice.