Quail is a small bird found and consumecd as a delicasy in France, Japan, Malta, Portugal, Poland and also in India. Cooking quail is very easy compared to any other meat. In India its also known by its local name "Hola". I hope you will find this recipe interseting.
Quail - 2 nos
Curd - 1/2 cup
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Red chilly powder - 1 tblsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tblsp
Lime juice - 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Wash the quail thoroughly and pat dry with tissue paper.
2. Apply 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tblsp red chilly powder, some salt and marinate for 1-2 hours.
3. Heat some oil in a pan. Add marinated quail and fry it well from all sides for 3-4 minutes.
4. Once they are half done, add remaining turmeric, red chilly powder, garam masala, curd and salt as per taste.While adding the salt, keep in mind that we have added some salt in marination as well. Mix well. Let it cook for 5-10 minutes.
5. Once the quail is fully cooked and all the water dries out, add 1 tsp of lemon juice and switch off the gas.
6. Serve hot with some cocktails or mocktails as accompaniment.