Seafood Paella (Spanish rice)
Ingredients:Arborio rice - 1 cup
Chicken - 250 gm
Prawns - 8-10 nos
Clams - 8-10 nos
Tomato puree - 4 tblsps
Onion - 1 finely chopped
Garlic - 3-4 cloves finely chopped
Chicken stock - 3-4 cups
Lemon - 1
Red chilly powder - 1 tblsp
Smoked paprika - 2 tblsps
Saffron - 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Olive oil - 3 tblsps
For cooking - A Large Pan.
Recipe:1. Heat some oil in a pan. Add chicken in it and saute for 5-10 minutes. After 5-10 minutes remove it from the pan and keep it aside.
2. In the same pan add some more oil and saute prawns and clams in it for 2-3 minutes. Remove them and keep it aside.
3. Again add some more oil in the same pan. Add chopped garlic and chopped onion in it. Saute it for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Once the onion gets translucent, add tomato puree, red chilly powder, smoked paprika, saffron and salt as per taste. Mix all well and saute untill it starts oozing out oil.
5. Now add rice and saute it well. Add boiling chicken stock and 1/2 lemon juice in it. Cover it and let it cook for 5 minutes on medium flame. You can add some more stock if required. Arborio rice needs little more water to cook than any other rice.
6. In the next 5-10 minutes rice should be 90% cooked. Add sauted chicken, prawns and clams to it. Garnish it with stirfried seafood, lemon wedges and cillantro.
7.Take the hot pan on your dining table and then serve it in protions as needed.
1. If you like, you can add some white wine while cooking the rice.
2. Add squid, octopus, fish meat, crab meat etc as per taste.