Haliv (Garden cress seeds) - 1 cup
Fresh coconut - 1 no
Jaggery - 1 and 1/2 cup
Cocout water - 1 cup
Cardamon powder - 1 tsp
Recipe:1. Clean the halivs properly. Remove all the small stones from it.
2. Break a cocunut and pour the water in a seperate glass and grate fresh coconut.
3. In a bowl, mix haliv, freshly grated cocnut and coconut water. Mix well, cover it and place aside for 2-3 hrs.
4. This will allow the haliv seeds (Garden cress seeds) to puff up.
5. In a pan add the above mixture and jaggery with it. Saute it till all the jaggery gets desolve. You donot need to add any butter or ghee in it as coconut oozes out its own oil.
6. Add cardamon powder. Once the mixutre forms a ball in the pan, switch off the gas. Let the mixture cool down for some time.
7. Make small size ladoos from it. Refrigarator them.
8. As these ladoos have fresh coconut in it, they dont last for many days. So finish them as eary as possible.